New entry Jun 06
Books from Critters!
Check out Books by Critters for books by your fellow Critterfolk, as well as my list of recommended books for writers.
The Sigil TrilogyIf you're looking for an amazing, WOW! science fiction story, check out THE SIGIL TRILOGY. This is — literally — one of the best science fiction novels I've ever read.
How to Write SF
The Craft of Writing Science Fiction that Sells by Ben Bova, best-selling author and six-time Hugo Award winner for Best Editor. (This is one of the books your ol' Critter Captain learned from himself, and I highly recommend it.) (Also via Amazon)
I was interviewed live on public radio for Critters' birthday, for those who want to listen.
Free Web Sites
Free web sites for authors (and others) are available at www.nyx.net.
ReAnimus Acquires Advent!
ReAnimus Press is pleased to announce the acquisition of the legendary Advent Publishers! Advent is now a subsidiary of ReAnimus Press, and we will continue to publish Advent's titles under the Advent name. Advent was founded in 1956 by Earl Kemp and others, and has published the likes of James Blish, Hal Clement, Robert Heinlein, Damon Knight, E.E. "Doc" Smith, and many others. Advent's high quality titles have won and been finalists for several Hugo Awards, such as The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy and Heinlein's Children. Watch this space for ebook and print editions of all of Advent's current titles!
THE SIGIL TRILOGY: The universe is dying from within... "Great stuff... Really enjoyed it." — SFWA Grandmaster Michael Moorcock
Announcing ReAnimus Press
If you're looking for great stuff to read from bestselling and award-winning authors—look no further! ReAnimus Press was founded by your very own Critter Captain. (And with a 12% Affiliate program.) [More]
Preditors & Editors Poll results
Critique.org now has Workshops for Everything — all genres, music, video, photography, art, apps.....
Also Enter and Vote the Best Idea Contest — $$ Cash prizes
See also the Best-Ever Voters Poll for the best works ever written (not just in the last year)
Brought to you by
The NewNewForum.com - read about the newest projects and announce yours here
Wishes for the Future - What would you want to see in the future? Self-driving cars? Shooting a movie in your head? Read and add yours...
Mystery | Thriller | Children's | Young Adult | All other |
Short Stories pages - Horror | Romance | Science Fiction & Fantasy | All other |
Anthologies page | Poems page | Nonfiction articles page |
Artwork page | Book/e-book Cover Artwork page | Magazine/e-zine Cover Artwork page |
Authors page | Poets page | Artists page |
Book/e-book Editors page | Magazine/e-zine Editors page |
Print/Electronic Book Publishers page |
Review site | Bookstore |
Fiction 'zines page | Poetry 'zines page | Nonfiction 'zines page |
Writers' Discussion Forum page | Writers' Workshop page |
Writers' Resource/Information/News Source page |
Current standings |
Standings for category: zineart
1. DARK GOTHIC RESURRECTED MAGAZINE, Cinsearae Santiago, [link]
2. Future Fire, The, #16 (Galatea's Stepchildren), Rachel H. White, [link]
3. Yellow Mama, Jeff Karnick, [link]
4. GUD Magazine -- The Strangers are Tuning, Jesse Lindsay, [link]
5. Dark Gothic Resurrected, Cinsarea Santiago, [link]
5. Three Crow Press, Reece Notley, [link]
6. Sonar4 Ezine Aug 2009 Cover Art, Richard Cook, [link]
6. Stories for Children Magazine, June 2009, Michelle Henninger, [link]
7. Abandoned Towers #4, M. D. Jackson, [link]
7. Abandoned Towers #3, Richard H. Fay, [link]
7. Shock Totem, Robert Hoyem, [link]
8. A Cheeky Changeling, Changeling Press, [link]
8. Fear & Trembling - 'Mr. Ignat - Ghoul', E.J. Mickels II, [link]
8. Shroud Magazine #6, Stephen Gilberts, [link]
8. StaticMovement March 2009, Lee Kuruganti, [link]
9. Space & Time, Issue #107, Steven C. Gilberts, [link]
10. Drops of Crimson, Reece Notley, [link]
10. A Leviathan Ascendant, Richard H Fay
10. Black Gate #13, Malcolm McClinton, [link]
10. Flash Me Magazine April 2009, Junior Mclean, [link]
10. Talisman (June cover, MindFlights magazine), Christine Griffin, [link]
10. Jupiter Issue #25, Daniel Bristow-Bailey, [link]
Looking for something to do?
And please check out our sponsors!—