New entry Dec 13
ReAnimus Acquires Advent!
ReAnimus Press is pleased to announce the acquisition of the legendary Advent Publishers! Advent is now a subsidiary of ReAnimus Press, and we will continue to publish Advent's titles under the Advent name. Advent was founded in 1956 by Earl Kemp and others, and has published the likes of James Blish, Hal Clement, Robert Heinlein, Damon Knight, E.E. "Doc" Smith, and many others. Advent's high quality titles have won and been finalists for several Hugo Awards, such as The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy and Heinlein's Children. Watch this space for ebook and print editions of all of Advent's current titles!
Free Web Sites
Free web sites for authors (and others) are available at www.nyx.net.
The Sigil TrilogyIf you're looking for an amazing, WOW! science fiction story, check out THE SIGIL TRILOGY. This is — literally — one of the best science fiction novels I've ever read.
New Book from a Critter Member**NOW IN PRINT EDITION TOO!** Awesome new book, HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR SPECULATIVE FICTION OPENINGS, from a Critter member whose unearthed a shard of The Secret to becoming a pro writer. Really good piece of work. "...if you're at all concerned about story openings, you'd be nuts not to read what Qualkinbush has to say." —Wil McCarthy, author of BLOOM and THE COLLAPSIUM
Network speeding up
I'm switching the connection over to a new, shiny 10X faster network because of all the load. There might be bits of downtime as your boxes learn new addresses and things. Should be brief. Let me know of any prolonged outages you see.
Preditors & Editors Changeover
With the very sad passing of Dave Kuzminski, who ran P&E, I've taken over the P&E duties. Lots of what I hope are improvements; check it out at pred-ed.com.
is Dying has been Replaced
THE SIGIL TRILOGY: The universe is dying from within... "Great stuff... Really enjoyed it." — SFWA Grandmaster Michael Moorcock
Announcing ReAnimus Press
If you need help making ebooks from manuscripts or print copies—or finding great stuff to read—look no further! An ebook publisher started by your very own Critter Captain. (And with a 12% Affiliate program.) [More]
Preditors & Editors Poll results
Critique.org now has Workshops for Everything — all genres, music, video, photography, art, apps.....
Convert your work to ebooks! Read great ebooks! The votemaster runs ReAnimus Press
See also the Best-Ever Voters Poll for the best works ever written (not just in the last year)
Short Stories pages: Horror | Romance | Science Fiction & Fantasy | Steampunk | All other | Anthologies page | Poems page | Nonfiction articles page |
Other Categories: Artwork page | Book/e-book Cover Artwork page | Magazine/e-zine Cover Artwork page | Authors page | Poets page | Artists page | Book/e-book Editors page | Magazine/e-zine Editors page | Print/Electronic Book Publishers page | Review site | Bookstore | Promotional Firms, Sites, and Resources page | Fiction 'zines page | Poetry 'zines page | Nonfiction 'zines page | Writers' Discussion Forum page | Writers' Workshop page | Writers' Resource/Information/News Source page |
Admin: Current standings | Best EVER Poll | Report an Error | VOTE! ]
Standings for Horror Short Stories
1. Waterless, Rose Blackthorn, Buzzy Mag, [link][comments]
2. Taut, Shaun Meeks, Smart Rhino Press [comments]
3. 9 Vials of Blood, John B. Rosenman, Chase Enterprises Publishing [comments]
4. Fish To Die For, Keith Milstead, J. Ellington Ashton Press, [link][comments]
5. Game of Straws Origins, SB Knight, Knight Stalker Press, [link][comments]
6. The Testament of Charlie Fairweather, Stephen M. DeBock, Gypsy Shadow Publishing, LLC, [link][comments]
7. What the Butler didn't See..., Teel James Glenn, Fiction Vortex, [link]
8. Skin Deep, Carson Buckingham, Smart Rhino Press, [link]
9. Ophie and the Undertaker, Shebat Legion, Perseid Press, [link][comments]
10. Loneliness Makes the Loudest Noise, Monica J. O'Rourke, HW Press, [link]
11. Death of the Spider, Micki Peluso, Chase Publishing Enterprises, [link][comments]
11. Butcher, Carrie Lynn Barker, The Foliata Oak, [link]
12. The Dying House, B.E. Scully, Anthocon
13. Haunt, Jeffrey Kosh, Grinning Skull Press, [link][comments]
13. Darkness, Darkness, Fred Andersen, Uncial Press, [link]
13. What About Mom?, E. J. Ruek, Chase Enterprises Publishing [comments]
14. Highway 24, Jeff Chapman, MuseItUp Publishing
14. Devil Inside, William Cook, King Billy Publications, [link]
14. Forever, in Pieces, Kurt Fawver, Villipede Publications, [link]
15. I Live in the Gut, Gary McMahon, Crystal Lake Publishing, [link]
15. Welcome to Hell, CK Houghton, Wordsmith Literary Publishers, [link][comments]
15. I Sea Monsters, Paul Copeland, J. Ellington Ashton Press, [link]
15. Eat Shit and Die, Frank J Edler, StrangeHouse Books, [link]
15. The Unknown Caller, Craig D. B. Patton , Anthocon, [link]
15. Dead Jimmy and the Selkie, Iseult Murphy, Drabblecast, [link]
15. Drowning in Tears, Stephen Zimmer, Hellscapes Volume 1, from Seventh Star Press, [link][comments]
15. Ten to Midnight, Suzie & Bruce Lockhart, Horrified Press, [link]
15. The Ghouls, Jarod Anderson, The Were-Traveler, [link][comments]
15. The Infestation, Kay Jakabs, SNM Horror Magazine, [link][comments]
15. Coffin Dirt, Tom Wescott, Mystery and Horror, LLC, [link][comments]
15. Shock Therapy, Sam Bellotto Jr, Double Dragon Publishing, [link]
15. The Final One Percent, Desmond Warzel, Blood Bound Books, [link]
Looking for something to do?
▶ Read great ebooks or convert your work to ebooks! The votemaster runs ReAnimus Press - Breathing life into great books - Publishing books by bestselling and awardwinning authors - ebook and print production services
And please check out our sponsors!—
Your Votemaster (Dr. Andrew Burt)P&E poll volunteer votemaster, founder of the world's first Internet service provider, a guy who writes stuff you might enjoy,