New entry May 06
Critters is 25!
Last November, Critters turned 25 years old! Wow! Thanks so much to all of you, who've made it such a resounding success!
Books from Critters!
Check out Books by Critters for books by your fellow Critterfolk, as well as my list of recommended books for writers.
How to Write SF
The Craft of Writing Science Fiction that Sells by Ben Bova, best-selling author and six-time Hugo Award winner for Best Editor. (This is one of the books your ol' Critter Captain learned from himself, and I highly recommend it.) (Also via Amazon)
New Book from a Critter Member**NOW IN PRINT EDITION TOO!** Awesome new book, HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR SPECULATIVE FICTION OPENINGS, from a Critter member who's unearthed a shard of The Secret to becoming a pro writer. Really good piece of work. "...if you're at all concerned about story openings, you'd be nuts not to read what Qualkinbush has to say." —Wil McCarthy, author of BLOOM and THE COLLAPSIUM
I was interviewed live on public radio for Critters' birthday, for those who want to listen.
Free Web Sites
Free web sites for authors (and others) are available at www.nyx.net.
ReAnimus Acquires Advent!
ReAnimus Press is pleased to announce the acquisition of the legendary Advent Publishers! Advent is now a subsidiary of ReAnimus Press, and we will continue to publish Advent's titles under the Advent name. Advent was founded in 1956 by Earl Kemp and others, and has published the likes of James Blish, Hal Clement, Robert Heinlein, Damon Knight, E.E. "Doc" Smith, and many others. Advent's high quality titles have won and been finalists for several Hugo Awards, such as The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy and Heinlein's Children. Watch this space for ebook and print editions of all of Advent's current titles!
THE SIGIL TRILOGY: The universe is dying from within... "Great stuff... Really enjoyed it." — SFWA Grandmaster Michael Moorcock
Announcing ReAnimus Press
If you're looking for great stuff to read from bestselling and award-winning authors—look no further! ReAnimus Press was founded by your very own Critter Captain. (And with a 12% Affiliate program.) [More]
Critters Poll results
Critique.org now has Workshops for Everything — all genres, music, video, photography, art, apps.....
Convert your work to ebooks! Read great ebooks! The votemaster runs ReAnimus Press
See also the Best-Ever Voters Poll for the best works ever written (not just in the last year)
Short Stories pages: Horror | Romance | Science Fiction & Fantasy | Steampunk | Magical Realism | Positive Future | All other | Anthologies page | Poems page | Nonfiction articles page | Nonfiction books page |
Other Categories: Artwork page | Book/e-book Cover Artwork page | Magazine/e-zine Cover Artwork page | Authors page | Poets page | Artists page | Book/e-book Editors page | Magazine/e-zine Editors page | Book Publishers page | Review site | Bookstore | Promotional Firms, Sites, and Resources page | Fiction 'zines page | Poetry 'zines page | Nonfiction 'zines page | Writers' Discussion Forum page | Writers' Workshop page | Writers' Resource/Information/News Source page |
Admin: Current standings | Best EVER Poll | Report an Error | VOTE! ]
Standings for Anthologies
1. Strange Religion: Speculative Fiction of Spirituality, Belief, & Practice, TDotSpec, [link][comments]
2. A Woman Unbecoming, Crone Girls Press, [link][comments]
3. Neosapiens, New Myths Publishing, [link][comments]
4. L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future Volume 38, Galaxy Press, [link]
5. Cold & Crisp, 518 Publishing Company LLC, [link][comments]
6. After the Gold Rush, Third Flatiron, [link][comments]
7. Trees, Jersey Pines Ink, [link][comments]
7. A Screamin the Night 2, Black Bed sheet Books, [link]
8. Eccentric Oribts 3: An Anthology of Science Fiction Poetry, Dimensionfold Publishing, [link]
9. Shadows Over Avalon (Volume 1), 18thWall Productions, [link]
10. Incredible Witness, wingsepress, [link][comments]
10. Unidentified Funny Objects 9, UFO Publishing, [link]
11. Strangely Funny IX, Mystery and Horror, LLC, [link]
11. Angela's Recurring Nightmares, Great Lakes Association of Horror Writers, [link]
11. Of Poets, Spies and Unearthliness - Otherworldly tales in the times of Shakespeare and Marlowe Anthology, Rogue Planet Press, [link]
11. Forever Trapped: Inspired by 'Home By The Sea' by Genesis, Dragon's Roost Press, [link]
12. Blame It on the Pumpkin, Dreampunk Press, [link]
12. Bay Area Queer Writers Association Presents: Two, waynegoodmanbooks, [link]
12. Of Wizards and Wolves: Tales of Transformation, WordFire Press LLC, [link]
12. Human Monsters, Dark Matter Press, [link][comments]
13. Callback for a Corpse, Bold Venture Press, [link]
13. Rediscovery: Science Fiction by Women, Volume 2 (1953-1957), Journey Press, [link][comments]
13. Fantasea, The Wild Rose Press, [link]
13. The Mods - Cyberpunk Stories, Shacklebound Books, [link]
13. Mixtape: 1986, The Dread Machine, [link]
Looking for something to do?
And please check out our sponsors!—