New entry Nov 01
Critters is 21!
Yes, 21 years ago Critters was born. Wow! Thanks so much to all of you, who've made it such a resounding success!
Books from Critters!
Check out Books by Critters for books by your fellow Critterfolk, as well as my list of recommended books for writers.
Space Travel for SF Writers
Hot off the presses from ReAnimus Press! Space Travel - A Science Fiction Writer's Guide— An indispensible tool for all SF writers that explains the science you need to help you make your fiction plausible. (Also via Amazon)
The Sigil TrilogyIf you're looking for an amazing, WOW! science fiction story, check out THE SIGIL TRILOGY. This is — literally — one of the best science fiction novels I've ever read.
P&E Seeks New Caretaker
Unfortunately, much of the data on the P&E site has become stale and outdated, and needs a new caretaker with the time required to update the site. The listings are being removed until they can be updated by a new caretaker.
Note that the P&E/Critters Annual Readers Poll will run as usual in January.
If you are interested in taking the reins of P&E, and possess what's needed — at least 20hrs/week to volunteer, excellent investigative skills, in-depth knowledge of the publishing industry, ability to detect scams from not-scams, thick skin, good web site skills, good writing ability — please get in touch. Thanks for your interest!
I'm being interviewed live on public radio for Critters 20th birthday. For those who want to listen, it's on the 10am (Mountain time) show on Thursday, 11/19/16, on Colorado Public Radio - www.cpr.org has streaming on the site or it's 90.1 FM in the Denver area. [Interview is done, you can listen on the site]
Free Web Sites
Free web sites for authors (and others) are available at www.nyx.net.
ReAnimus Acquires Advent!
ReAnimus Press is pleased to announce the acquisition of the legendary Advent Publishers! Advent is now a subsidiary of ReAnimus Press, and we will continue to publish Advent's titles under the Advent name. Advent was founded in 1956 by Earl Kemp and others, and has published the likes of James Blish, Hal Clement, Robert Heinlein, Damon Knight, E.E. "Doc" Smith, and many others. Advent's high quality titles have won and been finalists for several Hugo Awards, such as The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy and Heinlein's Children. Watch this space for ebook and print editions of all of Advent's current titles!
Network speeding up
I'm switching the connection over to a new, shiny 10X faster network because of all the load. There might be bits of downtime as your boxes learn new addresses and things. Should be brief. Let me know of any prolonged outages you see.
Preditors & Editors Changeover
With the very sad passing of Dave Kuzminski, who ran P&E, I've taken over the P&E duties. Lots of what I hope are improvements; check it out at pred-ed.com.
is Dying has been Replaced
THE SIGIL TRILOGY: The universe is dying from within... "Great stuff... Really enjoyed it." — SFWA Grandmaster Michael Moorcock
Announcing ReAnimus Press
If you need help making ebooks from manuscripts or print copies—or finding great stuff to read—look no further! An ebook publisher started by your very own Critter Captain. (And with a 12% Affiliate program.) [More]
Preditors & Editors Poll results
Critique.org now has Workshops for Everything — all genres, music, video, photography, art, apps.....
Convert your work to ebooks! Read great ebooks! The votemaster runs ReAnimus Press
See also the Best-Ever Voters Poll for the best works ever written (not just in the last year)
Short Stories pages: Horror | Romance | Science Fiction & Fantasy | Steampunk | All other | Anthologies page | Poems page | Nonfiction articles page | Nonfiction books page |
Other Categories: Artwork page | Book/e-book Cover Artwork page | Magazine/e-zine Cover Artwork page | Authors page | Poets page | Artists page | Book/e-book Editors page | Magazine/e-zine Editors page | Book Publishers page | Review site | Bookstore | Promotional Firms, Sites, and Resources page | Fiction 'zines page | Poetry 'zines page | Nonfiction 'zines page | Writers' Discussion Forum page | Writers' Workshop page | Writers' Resource/Information/News Source page |
Admin: Current standings | Best EVER Poll | Report an Error | VOTE! ]
Standings for All other Novels
1. Poppy, Clarissa Johal, Faeriemoon Press, [link][comments]
2. These Cast Away Stones, Justin Hunter, Cedar Loft Press, [link][comments]
3. Royal Surrender, Perci T. Brooks, Wayward Ink, [link]
4. Always Hope, Heidi Renee Mason, Hot Tree Publishing, [link][comments]
5. Tainte Doves Trilogy, Elle Marlow, Solstice, [link]
6. Raiders of the Seventh Planet, Eric M. Heideman and Roy C. Booth, Indie Authors Press, [link][comments]
6. King Satin's Realm, Janet Taylor-Perry, Createspace, [link][comments]
6. Secrets, E.H. Demeter, Createspace, [link]
6. Talking To Luke: Haunting Gets Personal, Diane Ryan, Amazon Digital Services LLC, [link][comments]
6. The Relentless Brit, Sarina Rose, self, [link][comments]
6. Morgan D'Arcy: A Vamoyre Rhaosody, Linda Nightingale, The Wild Rose Press, [link]
7. The Laurel, Liz DeJesus, Indie Gypsy, [link]
8. D'Arcy Curran, Donna Foley Mabry, CreateSpace, [link][comments]
8. The Man from Tipperary, Toni V. Sweeney, Class Act Books, [link]
9. Beyond the Grill, Tracey Michael, DreamSpinner Press, [link]
9. Altruism Costs a Life or More, Roland Hopkins II, Gypsy Shadow Publishing, [link]
10. 'Fight The Rooster', Nick Cole , CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, [link][comments]
11. Captain Hazzard: Custer's Ghost, Ron Fortier, Airship 27, [link]
11. Club Revenge, J.M. Dabney, Amazon Digital Services, [link]
12. Grand Slams: A Coming of Eggs Story, Timothy Gager, Big Table, [link][comments]
12. Night Travelers, Marilyn Gardiner, Wings, [link][comments]
12. Windrush, Malcolm Archibald, Creativia, [link][comments]
12. The Quest, Olivia Gracey, Solstice, [link]
12. To Cast A Cliche, Aubrey Wynne, Plato Publishing, [link][comments]
12. Reindeer, Gareth Barsby, Mystery and Horror, LLC, [link]
12. Miami Morning, Mary Clark, All Things That Matter Press, [link]
12. The Notorious Countess, Liz Tyner, Harlequin, goo.gl/PMly10content_copyCopy short URL[comments]
12. Amish Baby Snatched, Diane Craver, Amazon Digital Services, [link]
12. The Last Best Thing, Kate Sebeny, Kellan, [link]
12. A Cupboard Full of Coats, Yvette Edwards, Harper Collins, [link]
12. Blood Relatives, Patti L. Adams, Indie Gypsy, [link]
12. A Town Called Forget, C.P Hoff, Five Rivers Publishing, [link][comments]
12. The Comfort Station, Kelly Crigger, Graybeard Publishing, [link][comments]
Looking for something to do?
▶ Read great ebooks or convert your work to ebooks! The votemaster runs ReAnimus Press - Breathing life into great books - Publishing books by bestselling and awardwinning authors - ebook and print production services
And please check out our sponsors!—