New entry May 20
Critters is 25!
Last November, Critters turned 25 years old! Wow! Thanks so much to all of you, who've made it such a resounding success!
Books from Critters!
Check out Books by Critters for books by your fellow Critterfolk, as well as my list of recommended books for writers.
The Sigil TrilogyIf you're looking for an amazing, WOW! science fiction story, check out THE SIGIL TRILOGY. This is — literally — one of the best science fiction novels I've ever read.
How to Write SF
The Craft of Writing Science Fiction that Sells by Ben Bova, best-selling author and six-time Hugo Award winner for Best Editor. (This is one of the books your ol' Critter Captain learned from himself, and I highly recommend it.) (Also via Amazon)
I was interviewed live on public radio for Critters' birthday, for those who want to listen.
Free Web Sites
Free web sites for authors (and others) are available at www.nyx.net.
ReAnimus Acquires Advent!
ReAnimus Press is pleased to announce the acquisition of the legendary Advent Publishers! Advent is now a subsidiary of ReAnimus Press, and we will continue to publish Advent's titles under the Advent name. Advent was founded in 1956 by Earl Kemp and others, and has published the likes of James Blish, Hal Clement, Robert Heinlein, Damon Knight, E.E. "Doc" Smith, and many others. Advent's high quality titles have won and been finalists for several Hugo Awards, such as The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy and Heinlein's Children. Watch this space for ebook and print editions of all of Advent's current titles!
THE SIGIL TRILOGY: The universe is dying from within... "Great stuff... Really enjoyed it." — SFWA Grandmaster Michael Moorcock
Announcing ReAnimus Press
If you're looking for great stuff to read from bestselling and award-winning authors—look no further! ReAnimus Press was founded by your very own Critter Captain. (And with a 12% Affiliate program.) [More]
Critters Poll results
Critique.org now has Workshops for Everything — all genres, music, video, photography, art, apps.....
Convert your work to ebooks! Read great ebooks! The votemaster runs ReAnimus Press
See also the Best-Ever Voters Poll for the best works ever written (not just in the last year)
Short Stories pages: Horror | Romance | Science Fiction & Fantasy | Steampunk | Magical Realism | Positive Future | All other | Anthologies page | Poems page | Nonfiction articles page | Nonfiction books page |
Other Categories: Artwork page | Book/e-book Cover Artwork page | Magazine/e-zine Cover Artwork page | Authors page | Poets page | Artists page | Book/e-book Editors page | Magazine/e-zine Editors page | Book Publishers page | Review site | Bookstore | Promotional Firms, Sites, and Resources page | Fiction 'zines page | Poetry 'zines page | Nonfiction 'zines page | Writers' Discussion Forum page | Writers' Workshop page | Writers' Resource/Information/News Source page |
Admin: Current standings | Best EVER Poll | Report an Error | VOTE! ]
Standings for Science Fiction & Fantasy Novels
1. The Brittle Riders, Bill McCormick, Azoth Khem Publishing, [link][comments]
2. 802701 A.D. Weena's Version of The Time Machine, Mike Arsuaga, I Heart Book Publishing, LLC, [link][comments]
3. The Lost Siren, Hermione Lee, Self-published, [link][comments]
4. The Childless King, Toni V. Sweeney, INdependently Pulished, [link]
4. City of Sensors, A.M. Todd, Now or Never Publishing, [link][comments]
5. The Gods Awoke, Marie Vibbert, Journey Press, [link][comments]
6. Last Bid for a Dying Earth, Mike Wyant Jr., CKP, [link][comments]
7. The Use of Heavy Water, D'Arcy Arden, The Wild Rose Press, [link][comments]
8. Lucanus: Prodigal Son, Juliana Rew, Sophont Press, [link][comments]
9. Yuletide Treachery, Taryn Jameson and Gabriella Bradley, Extasy Books, [link]
10. Descent of the Vile, Cheryl Peña , World Castle Publishing, [link]
10. The Kaiju Preservation Society, John Scalzi, Tor Books, [link]
10. Kisa, Shield-Mates of Dar, D. V. Stone, KDP, [link]
10. Conspiracy-A New World (Book 3), M.D. Neu, NineStar Press, [link][comments]
10. Erin: Speaker of the Mihn'd, Wayne Carey, Bold Venture Press, [link][comments]
11. The Dabare Snake Launcher, Joelle Presby, Baen Books, [link]
11. Virtual Insanity, Kevin Klehr, NineStar Press, [link]
11. Empire of the Vampire, Jay Kristoff, St. Martins Press, [link]
11. Shuddering City, Sharon Shinn, Fair wood Press, [link]
11. Wandering Warp, JK Candlen, 518 Publishing Company LLC, [link][comments]
11. The Legend of Kwi Coast, Nicholas Checker, The Wild Rose Press,
11. Mage of Fools, Eugen Bacon, Meerkat Press, [link]