New entry Apr 03
Critters is 20!
Yes, 20 years ago Critters was born. Wow! Thanks so much to all of you, who've made it such a resounding success!
I'm being interviewed live on public radio for Critters 20th birthday. For those who want to listen, it's on the 10am (Mountain time) show on Thursday, 11/19, on Colorado Public Radio - www.cpr.org has streaming on the site or it's 90.1 FM in the Denver area.
ReAnimus Acquires Advent!
ReAnimus Press is pleased to announce the acquisition of the legendary Advent Publishers! Advent is now a subsidiary of ReAnimus Press, and we will continue to publish Advent's titles under the Advent name. Advent was founded in 1956 by Earl Kemp and others, and has published the likes of James Blish, Hal Clement, Robert Heinlein, Damon Knight, E.E. "Doc" Smith, and many others. Advent's high quality titles have won and been finalists for several Hugo Awards, such as The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy and Heinlein's Children. Watch this space for ebook and print editions of all of Advent's current titles!
Free Web Sites
Free web sites for authors (and others) are available at www.nyx.net.
New Book from a Critter Member**NOW IN PRINT EDITION TOO!** Awesome new book, HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR SPECULATIVE FICTION OPENINGS, from a Critter member whose unearthed a shard of The Secret to becoming a pro writer. Really good piece of work. "...if you're at all concerned about story openings, you'd be nuts not to read what Qualkinbush has to say." —Wil McCarthy, author of BLOOM and THE COLLAPSIUM
A Guide to BarsoomThe ultimate, definitive GUIDE TO BARSOOM from ReAnimus Press. NOW IN PRINT EDITION TOO. The best guide to Edgar Rice Burroughs' Mars series.
Network speeding up
I'm switching the connection over to a new, shiny 10X faster network because of all the load. There might be bits of downtime as your boxes learn new addresses and things. Should be brief. Let me know of any prolonged outages you see.
Preditors & Editors Changeover
With the very sad passing of Dave Kuzminski, who ran P&E, I've taken over the P&E duties. Lots of what I hope are improvements; check it out at pred-ed.com.
is Dying has been Replaced
THE SIGIL TRILOGY: The universe is dying from within... "Great stuff... Really enjoyed it." — SFWA Grandmaster Michael Moorcock
Announcing ReAnimus Press
If you need help making ebooks from manuscripts or print copies—or finding great stuff to read—look no further! An ebook publisher started by your very own Critter Captain. (And with a 12% Affiliate program.) [More]
Preditors & Editors Poll results
Critique.org now has Workshops for Everything — all genres, music, video, photography, art, apps.....
Convert your work to ebooks! Read great ebooks! The votemaster runs ReAnimus Press
See also the Best-Ever Voters Poll for the best works ever written (not just in the last year)
Short Stories pages: Horror | Romance | Science Fiction & Fantasy | Steampunk | All other | Anthologies page | Poems page | Nonfiction articles page | Nonfiction books page |
Other Categories: Artwork page | Book/e-book Cover Artwork page | Magazine/e-zine Cover Artwork page | Authors page | Poets page | Artists page | Book/e-book Editors page | Magazine/e-zine Editors page | Print/Electronic Book Publishers page | Review site | Bookstore | Promotional Firms, Sites, and Resources page | Fiction 'zines page | Poetry 'zines page | Nonfiction 'zines page | Writers' Discussion Forum page | Writers' Workshop page | Writers' Resource/Information/News Source page |
Admin: Current standings | Best EVER Poll | Report an Error | VOTE! ]
Standings for Young Adult Books
1. Einar and the Myrtledale Conspiracy, Chet Gottfried, ReAnimus Press, [link][comments]
2. Lost & Scared, K.C. Sprayberry, Solstice Publishing, [link][comments]
3. Shattered Frost, Liz DeJesus, Indie Gypsy, [link][comments]
4. Stake and Dust, Karen Michelle Nutt, Published by Rebecca J. Vickery, [link][comments]
5. Bear Claws, Robert Lee Murphy, Five Star, [link][comments]
6. Children of When::Florisia, Jennifer Redmile, J Ellington Ashton Press, [link]
7. The Flight To Brassbright, Lori Alden Holuta, Lori Alden Holuta, [link][comments]
8. Mr. Nimbus and the School Bullies, Leon Opio, Indie Gypsy, [link]
8. War Unicorn, S.L. Carlson, MuseItYoung, [link][comments]
9. Love's Labor's Won, Christopher Nuttall, Twilight Times Books, [link]
9. Welcome to Monstrovia, Mark Newhouse, AimHi Press , [link]
10. Andrea and the 5-Day Challenge, Cindy K. Green, Pelican Book Group, [link]
10. The Hand You're Dealt, Katie Charles, Desert Breeze Publishing, [link]
10. Life in the Time of Decline, Mike Arsuaga, IHeartBookPublishing, [link][comments]
Looking for something to do?
▶ Read great ebooks or convert your work to ebooks! The votemaster runs ReAnimus Press - Breathing life into great books - Publishing books by bestselling and awardwinning authors - ebook and print production services
And please check out our sponsors!—