New entry Nov 01
Critters is 21!
Yes, 21 years ago Critters was born. Wow! Thanks so much to all of you, who've made it such a resounding success!
Books from Critters!
Check out Books by Critters for books by your fellow Critterfolk, as well as my list of recommended books for writers.
The Sigil TrilogyIf you're looking for an amazing, WOW! science fiction story, check out THE SIGIL TRILOGY. This is — literally — one of the best science fiction novels I've ever read.
New Book from a Critter Member**NOW IN PRINT EDITION TOO!** Awesome new book, HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR SPECULATIVE FICTION OPENINGS, from a Critter member whose unearthed a shard of The Secret to becoming a pro writer. Really good piece of work. "...if you're at all concerned about story openings, you'd be nuts not to read what Qualkinbush has to say." —Wil McCarthy, author of BLOOM and THE COLLAPSIUM
P&E Seeks New Caretaker
Unfortunately, much of the data on the P&E site has become stale and outdated, and needs a new caretaker with the time required to update the site. The listings are being removed until they can be updated by a new caretaker.
Note that the P&E/Critters Annual Readers Poll will run as usual in January.
If you are interested in taking the reins of P&E, and possess what's needed — at least 20hrs/week to volunteer, excellent investigative skills, in-depth knowledge of the publishing industry, ability to detect scams from not-scams, thick skin, good web site skills, good writing ability — please get in touch. Thanks for your interest!
I'm being interviewed live on public radio for Critters 20th birthday. For those who want to listen, it's on the 10am (Mountain time) show on Thursday, 11/19/16, on Colorado Public Radio - www.cpr.org has streaming on the site or it's 90.1 FM in the Denver area. [Interview is done, you can listen on the site]
Free Web Sites
Free web sites for authors (and others) are available at www.nyx.net.
ReAnimus Acquires Advent!
ReAnimus Press is pleased to announce the acquisition of the legendary Advent Publishers! Advent is now a subsidiary of ReAnimus Press, and we will continue to publish Advent's titles under the Advent name. Advent was founded in 1956 by Earl Kemp and others, and has published the likes of James Blish, Hal Clement, Robert Heinlein, Damon Knight, E.E. "Doc" Smith, and many others. Advent's high quality titles have won and been finalists for several Hugo Awards, such as The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy and Heinlein's Children. Watch this space for ebook and print editions of all of Advent's current titles!
Network speeding up
I'm switching the connection over to a new, shiny 10X faster network because of all the load. There might be bits of downtime as your boxes learn new addresses and things. Should be brief. Let me know of any prolonged outages you see.
Preditors & Editors Changeover
With the very sad passing of Dave Kuzminski, who ran P&E, I've taken over the P&E duties. Lots of what I hope are improvements; check it out at pred-ed.com.
is Dying has been Replaced
THE SIGIL TRILOGY: The universe is dying from within... "Great stuff... Really enjoyed it." — SFWA Grandmaster Michael Moorcock
Announcing ReAnimus Press
If you need help making ebooks from manuscripts or print copies—or finding great stuff to read—look no further! An ebook publisher started by your very own Critter Captain. (And with a 12% Affiliate program.) [More]
Preditors & Editors Poll results
Critique.org now has Workshops for Everything — all genres, music, video, photography, art, apps.....
Convert your work to ebooks! Read great ebooks! The votemaster runs ReAnimus Press
See also the Best-Ever Voters Poll for the best works ever written (not just in the last year)
Short Stories pages: Horror | Romance | Science Fiction & Fantasy | Steampunk | All other | Anthologies page | Poems page | Nonfiction articles page | Nonfiction books page |
Other Categories: Artwork page | Book/e-book Cover Artwork page | Magazine/e-zine Cover Artwork page | Authors page | Poets page | Artists page | Book/e-book Editors page | Magazine/e-zine Editors page | Book Publishers page | Review site | Bookstore | Promotional Firms, Sites, and Resources page | Fiction 'zines page | Poetry 'zines page | Nonfiction 'zines page | Writers' Discussion Forum page | Writers' Workshop page | Writers' Resource/Information/News Source page |
Admin: Current standings | Best EVER Poll | Report an Error | VOTE! ]
Standings for Mystery Novels
1. Salvaged, J. S. Marlo, Champagne Books, [link][comments]
2. Between a Rock and a Hard Place, Debbie De Louise, Solstice Publishing, ttps://www.amazon.com/Between-Rock-Place-Debbie-Louise-ebook/dp/B01M59PPBY/ [comments]
3. A Living Grave, Robert E. Dunn, Lyrical Underground, [link][comments]
4. The Whole Art Of Detection, M.H. Norris, 18thWall Productions, [link][comments]
5. Kill All Cats, Rick Bylina, Createspace [comments]
6. The Penhallow Train Incident, M. S. Spencer, Wild Rose Press, [link][comments]
6. Wilted Magnolias, Janet Taylor-Perry, Createspace, [link][comments]
7. The Villagers, A.J. Griffiths Jones, CReativia, [link][comments]
8. The Secret of Hillcrest House, Melanie Robertson-King, King Park Press, [link][comments]
9. It Always Bites You In The End, Michael Fisher, J. Ellington Ashton Press, [link][comments]
10. A Study in Grey (Sherlock Holmes: The Science of Deduction Book 4), John Linwood Grant, 18thWall Productions, [link]
11. The Eyes of Death, Roland Hopkins II, Gypsy Shadow Publishing, [link]
11. The Oz Files, Kevin Candela, Riot Forge/Fire Dragon, [link]
12. The Russell House, Donna Foley Mabry, CreateSpace, [link]
12. Murder Bayou, H. L. Chandler, Wings-epress, [link]
12. Cat Got Your Diamonds, Julie Chase, Crooked Lane Books, [link]
13. The Zen Detective, Devorah Fox, Mike Byrnes and Assoc., Inc., [link][comments]
13. Satin Doll, the third Jana Lane mystery, Joe Cosentino, The Wild Rose Press, [link]
14. The CEO Came DOA, Heather Haven, Wives of Bath Press, [link]
14. MOSTLY MURDER, Lawrence Block, Elemental Press, [link]
14. A Case of Greed, Kenneth L. Levinson, Uncial Press, [link]
14. a death in the hills, Paul Barra, Argus [comments]
15. Personal Injuries, Vincent Scarsella, Digital Fiction, [link]
15. Over The Edge, Susan K. Droney, World Castle Publishing, [link]
15. Shares The Darkness, J. R. Lindermuth, Torrid Books, [link]
15. Daintree, Annie Seaton, Pan Macmillan, [link]
Looking for something to do?
▶ Read great ebooks or convert your work to ebooks! The votemaster runs ReAnimus Press - Breathing life into great books - Publishing books by bestselling and awardwinning authors - ebook and print production services
And please check out our sponsors!—