New entry May 06
Critters is 25!
This November, Critters is 25 years old! Wow! Thanks so much to all of you, who've made it such a resounding success!
Books from Critters!
Check out Books by Critters for books by your fellow Critterfolk, as well as my list of recommended books for writers.
How to Write SF
The Craft of Writing Science Fiction that Sells by Ben Bova, best-selling author and six-time Hugo Award winner for Best Editor. (This is one of the books your ol' Critter Captain learned from himself, and I highly recommend it.) (Also via Amazon)
Space Travel for SF Writers
Hot off the presses from ReAnimus Press! Space Travel - A Science Fiction Writer's Guide— An indispensible tool for all SF writers that explains the science you need to help you make your fiction plausible. (Also via Amazon)
I was interviewed live on public radio for Critters' birthday, for those who want to listen.
Free Web Sites
Free web sites for authors (and others) are available at www.nyx.net.
ReAnimus Acquires Advent!
ReAnimus Press is pleased to announce the acquisition of the legendary Advent Publishers! Advent is now a subsidiary of ReAnimus Press, and we will continue to publish Advent's titles under the Advent name. Advent was founded in 1956 by Earl Kemp and others, and has published the likes of James Blish, Hal Clement, Robert Heinlein, Damon Knight, E.E. "Doc" Smith, and many others. Advent's high quality titles have won and been finalists for several Hugo Awards, such as The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy and Heinlein's Children. Watch this space for ebook and print editions of all of Advent's current titles!
THE SIGIL TRILOGY: The universe is dying from within... "Great stuff... Really enjoyed it." — SFWA Grandmaster Michael Moorcock
Announcing ReAnimus Press
If you're looking for great stuff to read from bestselling and award-winning authors—look no further! ReAnimus Press was founded by your very own Critter Captain. (And with a 12% Affiliate program.) [More]
Preditors & Editors Poll results
Critique.org now has Workshops for Everything — all genres, music, video, photography, art, apps.....
Also Enter and Vote the Best Idea Contest — $$ Cash prizes
See also the Best-Ever Voters Poll for the best works ever written (not just in the last year)
Brought to you by
The NewNewForum.com - read about the newest projects and announce yours here
Wishes for the Future - What would you want to see in the future? Self-driving cars? Shooting a movie in your head? Read and add yours...
Mystery | Thriller | Children's | Young Adult | All other |
Short Stories pages - Horror | Romance | Science Fiction & Fantasy | All other |
Anthologies page | Poems page | Nonfiction articles page |
Artwork page | Book/e-book Cover Artwork page | Magazine/e-zine Cover Artwork page |
Authors page | Poets page | Artists page |
Book/e-book Editors page | Magazine/e-zine Editors page |
Print/Electronic Book Publishers page |
Review site | Bookstore |
Fiction 'zines page | Poetry 'zines page | Nonfiction 'zines page |
Writers' Discussion Forum page | Writers' Workshop page |
Writers' Resource/Information/News Source page |
Current standings |
Standings for category: nonfiction
1. The Super Hero Squad, Eric S Brown, Abandoned Towers Magazine, [link]
2. An Introduction to Paranormal Investigations, Pamela K. Kinney, Innsmouth Free Press, [link]
3. Short-short Sighted, Bruce Holland Rogers, Flash Fiction Online, [link]
4. Working from Calls: Six Degrees of Separation, Brenna Lyons, LooseId, [link]
5. Interview: Hal Colebatch, Joy V. Smith, Expressions, [link]
6. Whose Head Am I In?, Louise Bohmer, Belfire Press, [link]
7. Speculative Poetry: Past, Present, and Future, Richard H. Fay, Abandoned Towers, [link]
7. Interview with Joe Abercrombie, Lucien E. G. Spelman, SF Signal, [link]
8. Finding a Story Idea: An Example, Jim Harrington, Apollo's Lyre, [link]
8. Pick Up The Phone, Chris Jackson, Lulu, [link]
8. Write Tight, Earl Staggs, Apollo's Lyre, [link]
9. A Stark Interview with Christopher Conlon, Karen L. Newman, The Black Glove: Horror Culture and Entertainment, [link]
10. In Defense of The Prequels, Pete Tzinski, SF Signal, [link]
10. Symbols of Greed and Power , Jess C Scott, Yareah, [link]
10. Are You Created? If So, Do You Know Your Creator by Name?, Shirley Cheng, Dance with Your Heart! Publishing, [link]
10. Fine Art Miracles, Tess Almendarez Lojacono, International Family Magazine, [link]
Looking for something to do?
And please check out our sponsors!—