New entry May 06
Critters is 25!
This November, Critters is 25 years old! Wow! Thanks so much to all of you, who've made it such a resounding success!
Books from Critters!
Check out Books by Critters for books by your fellow Critterfolk, as well as my list of recommended books for writers.
How to Write SF
The Craft of Writing Science Fiction that Sells by Ben Bova, best-selling author and six-time Hugo Award winner for Best Editor. (This is one of the books your ol' Critter Captain learned from himself, and I highly recommend it.) (Also via Amazon)
The Sigil TrilogyIf you're looking for an amazing, WOW! science fiction story, check out THE SIGIL TRILOGY. This is — literally — one of the best science fiction novels I've ever read.
I was interviewed live on public radio for Critters' birthday, for those who want to listen.
Free Web Sites
Free web sites for authors (and others) are available at www.nyx.net.
ReAnimus Acquires Advent!
ReAnimus Press is pleased to announce the acquisition of the legendary Advent Publishers! Advent is now a subsidiary of ReAnimus Press, and we will continue to publish Advent's titles under the Advent name. Advent was founded in 1956 by Earl Kemp and others, and has published the likes of James Blish, Hal Clement, Robert Heinlein, Damon Knight, E.E. "Doc" Smith, and many others. Advent's high quality titles have won and been finalists for several Hugo Awards, such as The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy and Heinlein's Children. Watch this space for ebook and print editions of all of Advent's current titles!
THE SIGIL TRILOGY: The universe is dying from within... "Great stuff... Really enjoyed it." — SFWA Grandmaster Michael Moorcock
Announcing ReAnimus Press
If you're looking for great stuff to read from bestselling and award-winning authors—look no further! ReAnimus Press was founded by your very own Critter Captain. (And with a 12% Affiliate program.) [More]
Preditors & Editors Poll results
Critique.org now has Workshops for Everything — all genres, music, video, photography, art, apps.....
Also Enter and Vote the Best Idea Contest — $$ Cash prizes
See also the Best-Ever Voters Poll for the best works ever written (not just in the last year)
Brought to you by
The NewNewForum.com - read about the newest projects and announce yours here
Wishes for the Future - What would you want to see in the future? Self-driving cars? Shooting a movie in your head? Read and add yours...
Mystery | Thriller | Children's | Young Adult | All other |
Short Stories pages - Horror | Romance | Science Fiction & Fantasy | All other |
Anthologies page | Poems page | Nonfiction articles page |
Artwork page | Book/e-book Cover Artwork page | Magazine/e-zine Cover Artwork page |
Authors page | Poets page | Artists page |
Book/e-book Editors page | Magazine/e-zine Editors page |
Print/Electronic Book Publishers page |
Review site | Bookstore |
Fiction 'zines page | Poetry 'zines page | Nonfiction 'zines page |
Writers' Discussion Forum page | Writers' Workshop page |
Writers' Resource/Information/News Source page |
Current standings |
Standings for category: poem
1. Mahingun, Laurie Darroch-Meekis, Twin Trinity, [link]
2. Two Sides of Self, Edward Nudelman, Shine, [link]
3. Ragnarok, Thom Olausson, House of Horror
4. What's For Dinner?, Ash Krafton, Niteblade, [link]
5. Decree, Foery MacDonell, Moongypsy Press, [link]
6. Is It?, Alessia Brio, Purple Prosaic, [link]
6. red silk slippers, Marilyn Francis, Circaidy Gregory Press, [link]
7. The Haunted Castle, Richard H. Fay, The Absent Willow Review, [link]
8. Sea Children, Vonnie Winslow Crist, Seastories/Blue Ocean Institute, [link]
9. Rose of Sorrow, Thom Olausson, Aoife's Kiss
10. Skinwalker, David Lee Summers, Popcorn Press, [link]
10. Alligator Xylophone, Lucien E. G. Spelman, Everyday Poets, [link]
11. Professionalism, Jonathan Pinnock, Every Day Poets, [link]
11. Spiders, Vonnie Winslow Crist, EMG-Zine, [link]
11. New Orleans in Blue, Tracye Pool, Apollo's Lyre (Aug 2009), [link]
11. Sip, Lydia Ondrusek, Five Fishes Journal, [link]
12. Family Jaunt, Lucien E. G. Spelman, Niteblade, [link]
12. The Woodsman's Son, Jeremy Brooks, New Myths, [link]
12. Rest Stop Near Huntsville, Alabama: June 23, 1954, Robert Villanueva, Joyful!, [link]
12. An apology to the puppy, Harry Calhoun, Abandoned Towers Magazine, [link]
12. The Angel of Wrong Things, Rain Graves, Cemetery Dance, [link]
12. Wired, Jess C Scott, The Battered Suitcase, [link]
13. Preparing for the Eventuality, Stephen D. Rogers, Vicious Verses / Coscom Entertainment, [link]
13. In the Basement of the Citadel Hotel, G.A. Buchholz, Horror Bound magazine, ://www.horrorbound.com/readarticle.php?article_id=82
13. By Dawn's Early Light, Pamela Tyree Griffin, Boston Literary Magazine, [link]
13. Uninvited, Robert Villanueva, Joyful!, [link]
13. Your Collar, I.G. Frederick, Justus Roux's Erotic Tales, [link]
13. The Perception of Light, Robert Villanueva, Joyful!, [link]
13. O'er The Long Hills, dj barber, Every Day Poets, [link]
Looking for something to do?
And please check out our sponsors!—