New entry May 06
Critters is 25!
This November, Critters is 25 years old! Wow! Thanks so much to all of you, who've made it such a resounding success!
Books from Critters!
Check out Books by Critters for books by your fellow Critterfolk, as well as my list of recommended books for writers.
The Sigil TrilogyIf you're looking for an amazing, WOW! science fiction story, check out THE SIGIL TRILOGY. This is — literally — one of the best science fiction novels I've ever read.
How to Write SF
The Craft of Writing Science Fiction that Sells by Ben Bova, best-selling author and six-time Hugo Award winner for Best Editor. (This is one of the books your ol' Critter Captain learned from himself, and I highly recommend it.) (Also via Amazon)
I was interviewed live on public radio for Critters' birthday, for those who want to listen.
Free Web Sites
Free web sites for authors (and others) are available at www.nyx.net.
ReAnimus Acquires Advent!
ReAnimus Press is pleased to announce the acquisition of the legendary Advent Publishers! Advent is now a subsidiary of ReAnimus Press, and we will continue to publish Advent's titles under the Advent name. Advent was founded in 1956 by Earl Kemp and others, and has published the likes of James Blish, Hal Clement, Robert Heinlein, Damon Knight, E.E. "Doc" Smith, and many others. Advent's high quality titles have won and been finalists for several Hugo Awards, such as The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy and Heinlein's Children. Watch this space for ebook and print editions of all of Advent's current titles!
THE SIGIL TRILOGY: The universe is dying from within... "Great stuff... Really enjoyed it." — SFWA Grandmaster Michael Moorcock
Announcing ReAnimus Press
If you're looking for great stuff to read from bestselling and award-winning authors—look no further! ReAnimus Press was founded by your very own Critter Captain. (And with a 12% Affiliate program.) [More]
Preditors & Editors Poll results
2006 Official Results
Standings for category: Magazine/e-zine Cover Artwork
1. The Sword Review, Rachel A. Marks, http://www.theswordreview.com/item.php?sub_id=815
2. Tales of the Talisman, Laura Givens, http://www.zianet.com/hadrosaur/bookstore-v2.html
3. SUITE Magazine, Tamara McHatton, http://www.suitemag.com
4. The Lorelei Signal, Amy Harlib, http://www.loreleisignal.com
5. Estromicon: Issue 3, Ben Baldwin, http://www.screamingdreams.com/estronomicon.htm
5. Future Fire 7, Cécile Matthey, http://futurefire.net/issue/ff200607.pdf
6. Futures Mystery Anthology Magazine, Gin E. L. Fenton (GinELF), http://www.fmam.biz/index.shtml
6. Apex Digest #5, Alex McVey, http://apexdigest.com
6. Estronomicon Christmas Edition, Anne Stokes, http://www.screamingdreams.com/estronomicon.htm
7. Aoife's Kiss, Dryad by Joleen Flasher, http://samsdotpublishing.com/aoife/
8. Static Movement, John D. Stanton, http://www.staticmovementonline.com
8. Issue One Static Movement, Lee Kuruganti, http://www.staticmovementonline.com/ArchiveJanuary.htm
8. Mysterical E, Gin E L Fenton (GinELF), http://www.mystericale.com/
8. Doorway #0, Peter Mihaichuk, http://doorwaymagazine.com
9. Apple Valley Review, Leeann Lidz, http://www.applevalleyreview.com/
9. Crime and Suspense ezine, Tony Burton, http://www.crimeandsuspense.com
9. Apex Digest #7, Sandro Castelli, http://www.apexdigest.com
10. Shimmer #4, Chrissy Ellsworth, http://www.shimmerzine.com/?pp_album=main&pp_cat=&pp_image=summer06cover_1.jpg
10. Static Movement Issue Six Cover, Lee Kuruganti, http://www.staticmovementonline.com/Juneissue.htm
11. The Shantytown Anomaly #2, Steven Abadie, http://www.geocities.com/theshantytownanomaly
11. ASIM Issue 25, Richard Bartrop, http://www.andromedaspaceways.com
11. Amaze: The Cinquain Journal - Fall 2006, Naia, http://www.amaze-cinquain.com/FALL-06/index.htm
11. Angels With Stethoscopes, Susi Franco, http://www.susifranco.com
11. ASIM Issue 22, Conny Valentina, http://www.andromedaspaceways.com
11. Doorway #0 , Peter Mihaichuk, http://doorwaymagazine.com